These have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.
~ JOHN 20:31 ~
While there are various denominations that each bring their own unique perspective to the Christian faith (all of which are welcome here), there are seven essential beliefs that define the boundaries of orthodoxy and what it means to “Think Christianly.” The authors of this site do not believe a person can deny any one of those essentials and and still call their view “Christian.” These seven essentials are listed below. Follow the links for a Biblical defense of each position.
A Christian must believe in:
- The Trinity
- The full deity and humanity of Christ
- The spiritual lostness of the human race
- The substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ
- Salvation by faith alone in Christ alone
- The physical return of Christ
- The authority and inerrancy of Scripture
Comments are welcomed.